The purpose of the group is to gather men together to derive support from others while experiencing the hard work of Couples Counseling. Beyond this, the group is to serve as a learning “space” for self-growth.
Discussion topics will include:
- Talking openly about what is really working for you and what is upsetting you in your relationship with others to gain insight and awareness.
- Finding out how others find solutions to similar situations in their relationships.
- Talking about how communication can become stressed in a simple “word” or lack of a one. Make meaning out of being happy in your relationship.
- Gaining knowledge about how to assess your own needs while being present for others, talking about sex, conflict, anxiety, infidelity, depression, finances, etc.
- Stopping the endless cycles of mindless arguments about sex, feeling rejected, and becoming angry.
The Space Between Therapy Beginning Saturday, February 11, 2017 @ 8:30 AM
The Men’s Goodness Group was held today, Saturday, January 21, 2017 at The Space Between Therapy Center. Some of the topics included, how to heal in a divorce, how to find your way in a very busy life, how to manage and maintain sobriety with major stress, how to take care of oneself, and how to focus on balance between work and personal relationships. This hard working men’s group demonstrated caring for one another in a forum of safety verbalizing their current concerns and successes to help themselves and the others in the room. Their work was amazing.